What the Fucking Fuck, Apple?

Update Tuesday, July 16th 2012: The Bug appears to be fixed in iOS 6 Beta 3.

Almost two years ago I noticed a strange multitouch problem in Mobile Safari with one of my games. This problem was new; it was introduced with the iOS 4.2.1 update and wasn't present on older iOS versions.

I built a test case and filed a bug report with Apple. It was marked as a duplicate of a bug they already knew about. I have no idea what that original bug report said, because fuck you, Apple's bug tracker is private. That was almost two years ago.

Two years.

I re-submitted this bug report 4 more times, after it wasn't fixed in the subsequent iOS updates. It was marked as a duplicate and closed each time. It still hasn't been fixed in the iOS 6 Beta.

Two fucking years.

Annoyed by this bug, Jayson Potter recently contacted me, asking for the bug id and description of my report and re-submitted it by himself. This time it wasn't marked as a duplicate. Instead, he got this reply from Apple a week later:

Please know that our engineers have not been able to reproduce this reported behavior with iOS 5.x

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK, APPLE? You need two fucking years to decide that you can't reproduce a bug with a test case so simple that a three year old could understand it?

This is beyond frustrating. And there's no alternative to Mobile Safari on iOS; Apple doesn't allow it. On the iPhone, you're as locked in with HTML5 as you were with Flash everywhere else before - you're completely at the mercy of one fucking company.

So I'm really desperate to get this bug fixed – I recorded a nice video and voice over, explaining the bug itself and why it's such a big deal. I re-submitted the bug report again this morning (Bug #11796586), with a link to it:

Demonstrating the bug in the test case and my game Biolab Disaster

All in all I probably spent about 40 hours dealing with this shit: Building the test case, reporting it to Apple, writing documentation that states where this bug is and why it exists, explaining to my customer's that it's not their fault, nor mine, that their on-screen button doesn't work and apologizing to them for the fact that Apple is a fucking ignorant piece of shit company.

Fucking fix it, Apple.

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012

#1 – Sean – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 14:30

Chrome for iOS? Though it has the same libs underneath, so likely the same bug.

#2 – error – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 14:31

+1 love a good rant :-)

Although not sure what "On the iPhone, you're as locked in with HTML5 as you were with Flash everywhere else before" means exactly. If you wanted to use Flash everywhere you were locked in by needing to use Flash? Because you couldn't use anything but Flash to play Flash? :)

#3 – jan johanssen – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 14:33

Nice quote btw: "On the iPhone, with Mobile Safari you're as locked in with HTML5 as you were with Flash everywhere else before." :)

#4Uncle Demotivator – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 14:36

Welcome to the corporate world ;)

#5Dominic – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 14:37

@Sean: yes, Chrome uses Mobile Safari's "WebView". It's the same engine.

@error: The Flash player is authored by Adobe – there's no competing Flash player. On the iPhone there's no competing browser (engine).

On Desktop Systems and on Android you can choose between a multitude of different browsers from different vendors.

#6 – Miles O'Keefe – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 14:59

Have you tested it on Chrome now that it is available on iOS?

#7Dominic – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:03

@Miles: yes. Same problem. It's the same browser engine underneath after all.

#8Harel – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:04

What did you expect? You supported them by being a developer and a customer, one of many to say the least. You gave them the power to behave like that and now they abuse it. They will not change because you are pissed off. They'll only change or pretent to change, if they perceive a threat on their business and that requires all the support they have to diminish a 'bit'.

#9Dominic – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:14

@Harel: if the pressure is high enough, they'll do something. I'm building pressure :)

Also, one more reason why Apple absolutely has to allow other browser engines on iOS. It's the same shit as with Microsoft and IE6 a decade ago.

#10 – yamalight – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:16

well, that's apple for ya - first they shout how cool is html5, then they fuck up all developers by not keeping up to html5 standard on their mobile devices.

#11 – James – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:16

boo fucking hoo.
I guess their fucking priorities don't line the FUCK up with yours.

#12 – ebausson – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:29

Apple is crap, nothing really new there.
You're screwed, nothing really new either.

By the way, the game consider that I'm using IE where I use firefox with noscript, which is quite harsh.

Good luck to get this bug fixed, you deserve at least for beign this patient.

#13 – Richard – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:38

"I guess their fucking priorities don't line the FUCK up with yours."

So you're saying that providing a working HTML5 browser is not a priority for Apple? But don't worry, we already knew that Apple couldn't care less about it's customers. As long as they're making boatloads of money from mindless sheeps buying their broken stuff, there's no need fo them to fix whatever's not working. Anyway, most of their staff is tied up in court since they probably have more lawyers than engineers nowadays.

#14Jeff Ratcliff – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:43

It's not anything like Microsoft and IE6. There was never a time when you couldn't run competing browsers on Windows.

#15 – Peter – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:46

^ This!

#16Gavin – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:46

And yet another reason why I avoid Apple wherever possible.

I assume it's the same on Chrome for iOS, since it uses WebView? Good luck with it though, major issues like this should be fixed quickly.

#17Yaniv – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:46

@Harel hit the nail on the head. I think a new IE6 is slowly brewing with a nice Apple logo on it. We gave them the power to do what they want... and now they do.

As with IE6, as a developer, you're between a rock and a hard place: be a poorer puritan, or a richer realist?

But as a consumer, you have a choice - we have a choice. That said, every day I'm simply staggered by the amount of people cheerfully buying and recommending Apple products even though they should absolutely know better.

#18 – StevenE – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:50

Fuck Apple and everything they stand for. I was a long type Apple user and then started developing for iOS. I can't beging to describe how horrible that experience was. I am much happier now on Android (Linux and Windows) and would never consider using another Apple product. They're a truly evil company and their users are perhaps the most arrogant, uninformed swine in the world.

"I'm a Mac"

translates to:

"I am a douche bag that follows trends and can't think for myself"

#19Apreche – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:51

Only two years? That's pretty good! Behold my four year Ubuntu bug!

bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gvfs/+bug/227808

#20 – wouter – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:51

What about Opera?

#21 – Alice Bevan-McGregor – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:52

Oh my Gods, Apple has bigger fish to fry. I have had several tickets stay open for several years. From opening a ticket to implementation S/MIME support in iOS Mail.app took two and a half years. I'm still not sure if they fixed a rather substantial security issue I found with the introduction of the original iPad regarding simple numeric PINs combined with bluetooth keyboard and a push notification = no pin, and several others.

#22Dominic – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 15:58

@wouter: Opera Mini renders pages on the server, so no (realtime) JavaScript execution, no Multitouch.

#23 – Aldous – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 16:24

Everyone is roasting Apple over this, and perhaps rightly so, but can you name another major software company who is responsive to bug reports?

I've filed bugs with Microsoft, and never seen a single one acted upon. I've filed bugs with Google, and never seen a single one acted upon. I've filed bugs with Adobe, and never seen a single one acted upon.

This is how technology works: companies can do something once, and sell it a million times. Assembly lines for cars made it easier, and software makes it trivial. Not only do they not care about you, they can't afford to care about you. If you called up Ford or Volkswagen with an issue about your car, they'd ignore you, too.

Welcome to the brave new world.

#24 – Ashley – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 16:25

Well, for perspective, the Android browser does not support multitouch at all - only single touch on Android 2.x. Fixed on 4.x, but it's still slow as molasses (no GPU rendering) and <10% of people have 4.x anyway. So Mobile Safari still sucks less :P

#25 – Dan Cameron – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 16:43

Why file it with Apple when you know it's a webkit issue?
Does the bug exist with web kit on other platforms? Android?

#26 – pablocubico – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 16:46

Do note that HTML5 is an open standard (or at least it's intended to), and Flash isn't.

#27 – Euan McMurtrie – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 16:51

I would say take it to the apple store I'm sure they would gladly take a look at it. You are at the 'mercy' of that company because you bought that company's phone. I'm sure if you had a company and you brought out a phone, and you spent billions in the development of your own web browser, you would want users to use that browser. I personally think the usability of apple devices is a massive thing and I have never had a problem with my iPhone. I think the idiosyncrasy of your problem is a uncommon thing otherwise they would of done something about it.

#28 – dude – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:03

calm down, you'll live longer

#29Dominic – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:05

@Dan Cameron: no, it doesn't seem to be a webkit issue. Chrome and "Browser" on Android don't have this problem.

@Euan McMurtrie: it affects a lot of HTML5 games. I had many of my customers (for my game engine) complain to me, that their onscreen buttons don't work. The fact that you don't care about HTML5 games doesn't mean that others don't.

#30 – Simon Hibbs – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:13

Ashley: Well, for perspective, the Android browser does not support multitouch at all

Google not providing a feature at all is fine because Android is 'open' so you can always simply write the code yourself, whereas Apple providing multitouch with one single flaw is utterly unacceptable.

Maybe you need to be locked in a room with StevenE for a few hours to get your priorities straightened out.

#31 – Fred – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:18

I guess you need to cut Apple a little slack. It's probably 1 or 2 guys behind the multitouch on mobile safari that know exactly about your problem and probably a little clue on how to solve it. And well they might be busy on the next greatest things. It is really hard to find great engineers nowadays. I knew it when I sent a few emails to inquire for support on ImpactJS, it went unanswered. I guess the developer might be really busy for the next greatest game.

#32 – Jose – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:18

> HTML5

who cares? build real applications.

#33Roman – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:19

i also filed a bug with apple only to learn it was marked as a duplicate. mine was extensively documented and was internalized and closed after a few iterations back and forth. i noticed the new bug number, which was a much higher recent ID. so, since nobody is able to see bugs progressing once their are internalized, this is likely the way they treat bug reports.

#34John Bubriski – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:20

This is a bit troubling to hear, as someone who is developing an HTML5 JavaScript game (on Impact no less!). In the back of my mind I always think that it is NOT in Apple's best interest to advance the state of HTML5. If they do, they'll start losing money from their app store. Do you think that is part of their (lack of) motivation here?

#35Javier Soto – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:30

Have you tried implementing the same in a native UIView? Maybe it IS the intended behavior, or you're doing something wrong.

#36 – NinjaWarrior1976 – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:46

I stopped developing browser games because of this bug (not the only one) and went back to Flash and native apps. Android multi-touch don't work correctly too.

Nowadays everyone cry out "HTML5 is the future!" "HTML5 rocks!" but on the other hand, their implementations have many *CRITICAL* defections like this. Canvas, SVG, Audio and what they call "modern" JavaScript, I found these all sucks (Haxe might solve the last problem though...). I've reported and starred many stopping bugs against all major browsers but they will not be fixed within some years. IE sucks? No! Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Android, iOS Safari... I know all browsers sucks.

There is a huge gap between ideal and reality. I'm very frustrated with this situation. Actually I can't stop becoming a troll about HTML5 these days... I'm really tired.

#37 – Peter Martin – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:48

I made a badge for this when my engineers were unable to reproduce a known error: i.imgur.com/DRzYj.jpg

#38RickyH – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:54

I guess it's not a priority of apple to make HTML5 a successful, for the same reason as not allowing Flash support; it prevents them selling apps.

Sucks but I can see why commercially.

#39 – Old_Developer – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:56

In 35 years nothing has changed. Microsoft and Apple have always done this. It pushed us (and every services company with a brain) into open source years ago. If you need it to work or to be able to fix it at 3AM you cannot depend on any large firm to do it. You need the source.

I watch with humor as yet another generation of share croppers on Apple and Microsoft's platforms take their places to be abused over and over again. Mobile is like watching the early 1980s PC market all over again. Maybe (and I'm not holding my breath) the Mozilla mobile platform will solve this.

To the poster complaining about Ubuntu: At least you can get the info to fix it or hire someone else to fix it as long as it isn't in some proprietary blob of driver code from Nvidia etc.

#40 – Ashraf – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 17:59

This sucks hope they will fix it for you! I love Apple I love their products and sometime things don't do well.. If Steve.Jobs was still with us (bless him) this would NEVER happen!

#41 – Will – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 18:23

Keep on fighting. Just played your great game on my iPhone and the bug is pretty infuriating first hand. I'd say they don't want to fix it because it will mean a loss of sales for the un-buggy app store games. Also please ignore all these stupid comments on here about that's just the way it is, what did you expect blah blah .. so ignorant.

#42J. Alexander Curtis – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 18:35

I am guessing that they aren't very concerned about this because it isn't a bug that would be recreated in normal web browsing. Its really only applicable in web apps and games.

Apple wants you to take your app and make it into something they can sell in the app store. So for that reason they are probably avoiding fixing this bug. Or better yet, for all we know they added it in there intentionally.

Not to sound like conspiracy theorist, but it makes sense. I mean the bug wasn't in there until iOS4. Remember the early days of iOS1-3, Apple had a strong focus on HTML5 applications, even highlighting and listing them on their site like a mini-app store. Well then they introduced the SDK at about iOS2, then by iOS3 it had really taken off, and by the time iOS4 came around, apple had made billions of dollars off the store, and it was considered the new gold rush of technology. At that point I could see them saying, "Fucking Fuck HTML5 apps, put your shit in our almighty app store" and added that bug so that you would do just that.

#43VeryVito – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 18:39

Playing devil's advocate (and debugger) here:

I love a good rage as much as the next guy, but are you SURE there's not something else at play here (ie, something specifically in your code)?

It's true that in Biolab Disaster, I can't seem to RUN and JUMP twice without releasing the RUN button... but I can RUN and press the FIRE button multiple times without releasing the RUN button. Why is the FIRE button immune to this bug, but the JUMP button is not? Are you sure there's not a timing issue (perhaps related to the jump animation) in the game itself?

#44 – Andy – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 19:00

Did you spend a tech support incident on this , if it's so important ? Go to WWDC and speak to the engineers in person ?

#45Dominic – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 19:45

@VeryVito: because you release the shoot button instantly again. The 'touchend' is always registered, but 'touchstart' is not. Try holding your finger on the shoot button and observe that it has the same "lag" as the jump button.

You hold the jump button longer, because you'll jump higher. It gives you very fine grained controls – if it was working that is.

@Andy: I was under the impression that support incidents are only meant for native Apps? I'll try that! Thanks.

#46Josh Farkas – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 19:56

Have you ever considered that this isn't a bug?

Safari reads two fingers on the screen as the beginning of a pinch, for zooming. In order to not have people accidentally clicking stuff when pinching they have remove the second click state. On the iPhone, this is especially true. The click returns on movement of fingers in case it is an accidental pinch, as clicks need a longer state press.

Have you tried the dozens of JS libraries that correct for this?

I understand that for your game it doesn't help, but this is why you don't rely on technology to fix itself when building stuff. You would have been better off spending this time working on a real solution.

#47 – Jeff Borisch – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 20:08

For what it's worth it works perfectly on my n9 with the webkit browser.

#48 – Anon – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 21:01

I think a lot of commenters are missing the point here. The issue is not simply that Apple hasn't fixed the bug. The issue is that Apple's bug reporting process is completely fucked. The bug was reported, and it was closed as a duplicate. Apple did not tell the reporter, "we can't reproduce this". But then 2 years later they do, in someone else's bug report? That's fucked.

In my years of experience reporting bugs to Apple, I've found their bug handling team to be completely incompetent and clueless. It's extremely frustrating to developers.

#49 – Jeremy Davis – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 22:04

So, I earned Peter Martin's badge. I tried the game you demoed, and had no issues with running and jumping nor running and shooting. What are you doing so differently than I am? I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1.

#50 – error – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 22:06

@dominic its not a very good comparison - thats what I meant. What do you mean there is no competing the Flash Player? What about Java applets, Silverlight, Unity, Javascript/dHTML, etc etc? Nobody forced developers to exclusively use Flash. Bud Apple does force you to use Safari/Webkit. Not the same thing at all.

#51 – Some dude – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 22:06

I have one thing to say to all of you:

WAH! Apple isn't serving my needs. WAH! Apple doesn't let me put any piece of shit app on my phone I want. WAH! Apple and iOS sucks and all the 316 million people who bought iOS devices are idiots. WAH! WAH! WAH!

Fix your bug, baby

#52 – Aldous – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 22:23

Anon: OK, so what company has a good publicly-visible bug tracking system for their commercial, proprietary products?

Certainly not Google, Microsoft, or Adobe, in my experience. I can't think of any software company in the world with more than 20 employees who has an even marginally passable bug tracking system that's visible to users.

It's a shame that Apple doesn't, but it would be utterly shocking if they did, considering nobody else in the industry does. It's like complaining that coach-class airline seats are small and uncomfortable on United Airlines. Yes, they are, but coach is uncomfortable on every airline! It's neither interesting nor surprising that it's uncomfortable on United Airlines, nor does it necessarily reflect poorly on them.

#53 – Scoch – Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 22:47

I reproduce the bug with my iPad 2 iOS 5.1. No bug with Android 4.

#54 – Gerard Vladisk – Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 00:14

I think Apple can be arrogant. First release of Lion and iOS 5 was bad software. They have the most money in the world and they release a thunderbolt update last week that totally crashes machines. Why the don't they hire better QA engineers, or pay them more? At the same time I love Apple for being quite consistent and lets face it, ultra sweet hardware. But that we all are taken advantage off, 100% true. It's ridiculous that you have to invest work in this problem at all and aren't get paid of the richest company in the world. It's shameful. Same as that Chrome on iOS can't be the default browser. Same as that Sparrow can't get proper push notification clearance. I understand the whole monopoly and concurrency thing, but come on, you are big enough and have enough money, lets just make the world a better place and support innovation. Gmail is just 100 times better than any other mail service and native iOS mail app just doesn't cope well with it (partly cause of IMAP, google has to launch a new protocol). Give the freedom that other people that do mind, improve that experience. We still buy apps, we still buy the hardware. Maybe it's just human behavior. There's a frontend framework called Bootstrap from a few guys of Twitter. Reminds me on the situation; arrogant as #$%^, you file in a bug and they close it or say that's intended behavior. Yeah right. And a month later you notice the "bug" is fixed, without any clarification or credits. And then the disrespect for Crockford, amazing. Some people with popularity just have the tense to abuse/exploit or being arrogant. And it doesn't serve for any purpose.

#55 – K – Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 00:17

iOS 5.1.1 here. I ran your test case and it worked fine. I cannot reproduce the big either.

#56Jayson Potter – Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 01:27

@TROLLS: If you don't care, then you really have nothing useful to say. As per usual.

@NO-REPRO If you can't repro this issue then make a video of your results and post them to prove it. Unless you're trolling.

@EVERYONE-AWESOME: If you want this issue fixed please submit a bug to Apple about the issue. If we can communicate this problem to non-nerds, show them what they are missing, and help them understand how much of an impact it really has we could have the public ranting about this. Tech blogs would stick it to 'em and more people will have awareness. Without a large voice nothing will happen, so get buggin!

#57Naz – Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 01:31

Your game looks like fun and I can imagine the bug is very annoying, but really, do you have to swear so much?

#58 – K – Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 02:36

I took the time to watch the video, try the test, and post my result. That is not trolling. I have run it multiple times now and I will say it is inconsistent. Sometimes I see the reported result and sometimes not. This seems to differ per page load. Also I note that sometime the bar color does not seem to jive with the event log. So I don't doubt there is a bug but the demonstration of it could be more clear -- I.e. two bars not one for example and a note to reload the page if the bug is not found. Posting a video goes beyond my interest in your story. Good luck.

Here is a similar page I found which seems to get the desired behavior:

dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/production/kitchensink/#demo/touchevents

#59 – K – Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 03:07

seb.ly/demos/JSTouchController/TouchControl.html

May be a clearer demonstration of this bug by showing where fingers hit the canvas.

FYI Safesearch may keep some people from finding this page.

#60Fred – Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 08:10

I try to run the test, I can reproduce exact same. The second touch event is not firing at the right time given 2 touches are currently attached to the screen.

I run a couple more test to find out more underlying problem.
1. Sometime the second touch start is fired as touch move event.
2. If first touch was follow by subsequent touch move event on the first finger, it will guarantee the second touch to be fired consistently.
3. Forcing the browser to re-render the DOM might have a better chance to get the second touch fired correctly, but not always (caveat emptor). e.g. I added document.body.classList.add('random'+Math.random());

So most of cases when implemented under normal web development, developers won't encounter such a problem. Most will deal with multi touch that involve touch-move, e.g. dragging, rotating and scaling. And those events are handled by gesturestart/gestureend events.

This is definitely a rare case that worth looking into.

Check out modified source:

jsfiddle.net/rH6L9/

#61Peter Kelly – Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 08:28

I've found that there are numerous bugs like this in WebKit on iOS. Apple are extremely unresponsive to bug reports and I agree with your criticisms but in practical terms there's not much we can do about it but work around the bugs ourselves.

The solution I recommend is for you to build a native app which embeds a UIWebView. You can keep virtually all of your game logic in javascript (though you unfortunately won't get the performance benefits of the nitro engine), and use a small layer of Objective C code to capture the touch events and pass them through to your game using by calling functions via UIWebView's stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString method.

I've encountered several bugs in the WebKit on iOS which would have been showstoppers for my app had I not come up with workarounds myself. I even had to completely re-implement the text selection and cursor placement mechanism for my WebKit-based word processor due to their broken contentEditable implementation. Although this was a real pain to do, it's probably worked out better for me in the long run since I now have a much greater degree of control over these subtle user interaction issues than if I were relying purely on the built-in APIs.

Feel free to email me at peter@uxproductivity.com if you want some further advice on how you can go about implementing the fix I suggested above. I can even provide you with some sample code that shows how to do it if you want.

Your game looks great BTW.

#62Ropa – Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 21:24

They will only fix it if you develop native apps and pay $100 dollars to publish the game ;)

#63Montana Leet – Friday, July 6th 2012, 20:37

Check your Twitter mentions. I sent two videos of me being unable to reproduce the bug. First with your own test, second with the game you linked to.

#64 – Falkesso – Monday, July 16th 2012, 21:27

Apple engineers fail at reading comprehension

#65 – Jeffery – Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 15:30

I've been saying it all along, Everyone praises Steve Jobs like he was doing us a favor by not allowing flash in the browser. He wasn't, it was just business They wanted apps to go through the app store. They just didn't realize how big a push that would cause for html5 thus putting them back in the same situation with Flash.

And new features don't take priority over bugs!!!!!!! This is why Javascript and html and SVG and i could go on but..... they all have been a mess since their creation. Everyone clambering to support the latest features, instead of fixing their problems
and sticking with standards.

and as a side note Adobe has never been a problem for me and they do answer bug reports.
and whats up with the attitude that if you buy something from a company, your at their mercy. and they don't have to fix problems. that goes to the heart of whats wrong with this country. that type of consumer thinking is exactly why they don't bother.

and just because you are building html5 apps doesn't mean you don't plan to run them native and through the store.

I'm with you Dominic, keep up the fight bro!!

#66Jeffry Houser – Thursday, July 19th 2012, 00:35

@Dominic
There are competing Flash Players. Gnash is the most successful; but I don't believe is has feature parity
with the Adobe Flash Player.

@Aldous Adobe has publicly available bug tracking systems: bugs.adobe.com/
I believe most are based off Jira

@Jeffery
Apple rejected Flash on the iPhone before there was an Apple App Store. It didn't blow up until a few years after that though. I believe it was when they tried to prevent Native apps from being built in tools other than the ones provided by Apple.

#67 – Seung – Friday, August 3rd 2012, 05:13

Pssst, next time don't get an apple.

#68 – Olympic Finland for teh win – Monday, August 13th 2012, 20:20

Seung: +1. Same goes for Nokia (remember them?)

#69 – Anonymous – Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 07:58

Thank _fuck_ for iOS6. Dominic, you da man.

#70 – fewhall – Friday, November 16th 2012, 09:31

Apple is Illuminati.

#71 – fewhall – Friday, November 16th 2012, 09:40

Have you guys heard of Apple`s new product? The iFuck! iFuck uses the new iOS operating system & it`s revolutionary (at least for idiots & retards!). BUY THE NEW "iFUCK"! FOLLOW THE LIGHT!

#72 – joe – Friday, December 28th 2012, 03:22

Apple fucked me

#73 – joe clancy – Friday, December 28th 2012, 03:31

Here I am, broke as fuck, been recollecting CDs for years, got an mp3 player to preserve them, came across some tough times, sold tons of CDs just to put food on the table, its ok, I still have them on mp3 I thought. Downloaded some some shit onto my brother in laws apple, well, he did, I saw some music I'd like on my sands fuse, hooked up to it and blammo! Apple cost me $400 and I don't even use apple, thanks a lot dicks!

#74ward rebhe – Saturday, April 20th 2013, 17:56

apple sucks and same ios shit nothing new from now to 2050 lool wtf..!!

#75 – Malin Soedergren – Thursday, June 20th 2013, 00:55

Just thankyou. Doesn´t have the same problem, and I´m not a professional like you seem to be. My safari on Imac crashed. No problem I thought though I´m usually a PC user. Just to install another browser, uninstall safari, and than reinstall it. But... I got the answer that Safari cannot be uninstalled because OSx NEEDS it!!!!????. Can´t find any useful info. 4 hours for a simple problem and still not solved.
Right now I needed to read the words FUCK APPLE!
So thankyou!
Now I will surf on to find the words FUCK SAFARI and FUCK MAC.

#76 – fashizzle – Friday, June 28th 2013, 22:52

What, you think THAT is annoying?

How about the FUCKING Nitro throttling for webclip apps? The artificial slowing-down of perfectly useful performance enhancements just to force developers to build store apps.

Now, what the FUCK about that one, denying webclip apps the same speed as proper safari. If it wasn't for that completely bullying asshole move, it would be perfectly feasible to build webclip apps that actually perform well, and say FUCK YOU iTunes store.

#77 – barrelroll – Friday, September 6th 2013, 12:43

Why is iOS such a piece of shit? Don't understand this. Especially iOS7. Seriously - Even Google's Gingerbread Android is better than iOS 7.
Fuck You Apple. iOS is such a huge piece of shit!

#78 – C. K. Randall – Thursday, December 12th 2013, 18:48

Fuck Apple and fuck their customer-hating ways. I had a perfectly functioning iPad 3rd generation on which the sound died immediately upon updating to iOS 7. Apple said it's a hardware issue and they can't do anything about it. BULL...FUCKING...SHIT, YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKING "GENIUSES." I write software and I know a software malfunction when I see one. They refuse to replace my device, locked it down so I can't revert to iOS 6, and their advice to me was to buy a new iPad! Imagine that! Those fucking fucker are fucked now...their going down the fucking tube. Fuck Apple and Fuck their Fucking Fuckity Fucked up Fucking crapware! Those fucktards should burn.

#79 – Jen Stewart – Thursday, December 12th 2013, 18:52

Google. Android. That's the way to go; why the hell would anyone buy an Apple any more? Apple will just fuck you in the ass and with a non-lubricated, splintered broom handle...sideways and then boast about having "the most advanced operating system in the world." WHAT THE FUCK?! the iOS software is nothing more than Linux, which you can load for free on any computer (and you would have control of it).

#80 – Apple Commies – Thursday, March 20th 2014, 19:18

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I've been feeling this way for so long. I've been a true Mac fan my whole life (not a newfangled "Apple Fag" aka I'm spending $2,500 on a computer just to use Facebook and look cool). I despise what the company has become. And those of us who spend time after every FORCED update, trying to revert our systems to what a true Apple operating system USED to be like, end up getting fucked every month when new updates are forced on us even when we reject them. God I hate you Apple, you've become the same type of Nazis that Microsoft was in the 1990s. Are there any current alternative systems out there that are comparable to the quality that Macs USED to have?

#81 – Jack Swen – Monday, July 28th 2014, 23:54

You need to understand that last year there were 6 million Apple developers. Now, imagine that each developer submit one bug report (I personally submit hundreds). There are about 80,000 employees in total working at Apple, and much less are software engineers. I let you do the math...

Of all the bug I submitted, almost all were taken into account by Apple, often pretty quickly. In fact, I'm quite impressed they can handle so many bug reports that fast. From all the companies I know, it's probably the best one for handling bugs. (I won't talking about the worst I know here, it starts and ends like "Apple"...).

You could argue that since they don't have enough software engineers, they should hire more of them. Well, that's not that simple, finding really qualified software engineers to do the job is not that easy (I mean in really life, never trust a resume).

Another point you need to understand, Apple sorts bug reports by the number of duplicates. Which is why Apple's bug tracker is private and probably will stay that way.

Also, some bugs may take quite some time to be fixed for a simple reason: a bug can be the "symptom" of a larger issue. Apple engineers usually prefer to solve the larger issue than just applying a small patch to make the issue go away (something unfortunately often done in the Software industry).

Also, if you have an issue that doesn't seem to get fixed after a long time, just start a thread on Apple Developer Forums (stay courteous). Apple engineers often take the time to answer questions there.

I think there is no need to be rude. Most comments here are very rude, full of lies or ignorance of how iOS works. Funny that these people don't like Apple for not being "open" when they are themselves so narrow-minded. I guess that's the "Apple-hater paradox".

#82Brian – Sunday, October 12th 2014, 01:00

www.fuckappleproducts.com

#83 – matrixz127 – Saturday, October 25th 2014, 09:21

@Jack Swen

Go back to fucking she males outside a McDonalds you fucking ignorant Apple supporting cunt!!!

#84 – Debbie Bruner – Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 22:25

Hey, Dominic great rant as always. Thanks!

And to Matrixz127, go fuck yourself asshole!

#85 – Anonymous – Wednesday, November 12th 2014, 05:41

I forgot to add. "FUCK YOU APPLE!!!"

#86 – ren-p – Thursday, March 19th 2015, 06:43

Why the fuck would you use apple bullshit products anyway? And even worst, two years Wtf?
Everyone should know apple's running out of ideas and inovations. Those days were the shit being made was a true work of art are gone.
Samsung done kicked apple's ass, admit it and stop buying their crap because all you apple followers are doing is prolonging a slower death.
Move the fuck on or get out da way.

#87 – tight lips – Thursday, May 28th 2015, 15:00

Meh, what do you expect when you buy into the proprietary protocols and walled in gardens created by the telcos and butt buddies (yes, this includes Microsoft, Apple, and Google to name a few)? They have you by the balls... get used to it.

#88 – Eleanor Maw – Saturday, July 11th 2015, 09:49

How the fuck do you fucking update fucking Safari ???????????????????????????

#89 – matrixz127 – Saturday, August 1st 2015, 06:58

@tight lips

Jump off a cliff you stupid Apple loving piece of shit!

#90 – tibor – Wednesday, August 31st 2016, 18:32

So it's 2016 and this is still here...